Friday, September 03, 2004

Hurricane Shudders

Maybe the sun is shining
birds are winging or
rain is falling from a heavy sky -
What do you want me to do?
- Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Blog it baby! 10 pm, Hurricane Francis down to a Category 2, and according to the security camera that televises over my cable system, everything's beautiful. The camera is vital, because with my windows covered completely with aluminum shutters, the peep hole in my front door is the only other view I have of the outside world.

This is a good time to write about how the naming process of Hurricanes pisses me off. I mean, it's a storm that's going to kill people, and scientists are naming them after there old girlfriends, or mothers, or something. Give a Hurricane something that's faceless and unemotional, like Hurricane 247. Or go the other route, and name them after public enemies like Hurricane Osama, or Hurricane Duvalier. I'd even settle for naming them after intimidating NBA players, like Hurricane Rasheed. The current process is just way too light-hearted for what's going on out there.

Links Email The Captain Click for West Palm Beach, Florida Forecast
Starting Five
  • Shaquille O'Neal
  • Christian Laettner
  • Rasual Butler
  • Eddie Jones
  • Dwyane Wade
  • Key Reserves
  • Damon Jones
  • Udonis Haslem
  • Michael Doleac
  • Wesley Person
  • Malik Allen
  • Keyon Dooling
  • Dorell Wright
  • Others
  • Jerome Beasley
  • Matt Freije
  • Albert Miralles
  • Wang Zhizhi
  • Local Sports Pages
    Hoop Bloggers (There Ain't A Lot Of Us)
    Key Hoops Websites