Monday, August 09, 2004

A Whole New View

Bought these reading glasses today, because I'm going to get my Florida driver's license tomorrow, and without the glasses it was even money at best that my vision would meet with their approval. But I'm finding all of these other advantages as well, like pounding the keys without my face being six inches from the monitor.

Meanwhile, I checked the referrals on my hits today (a sick little habit of all bloggers), and I'm getting these hits from a place called Blogshares, where people - get this - buy fantasy shares of stock for blogs they think may have a future. It seems as though the success or failure of a blog is judged by the number of links it has, in an attempt to foster a giant, huggable, blog community. I'm not kidding.

Somebody recommended me for the Basketball Industry, where I am currently the 32nd ranked basketball blog in the universe, which is very flattering when you consider how long Cap and Shaq has been in business, but kind of insulting when you see the blogs ahead of me. Not that they're terrible, it's just that most of them are barely about basketball. Of course, this entry isn't either, and I don't believe in rigidity when it comes to blogs (or anything else, for that matter), but you get the idea.

So hey, I'll play along, especially seing my stock value has gone from 44 cents to $56.10 in the last nine hours. At the bottom of my links column there will now be links to anybody who shows enough faith to buy Cap and Shaq shares, and who's site isn't completely offensive. Sure they may have nothing to do with basketball, but Olympics aside, we're still eight weeks away from the first game, and variety is the spice of life. Check them out at your own risk, and enjoy.

Links Email The Captain Click for West Palm Beach, Florida Forecast
Starting Five
  • Shaquille O'Neal
  • Christian Laettner
  • Rasual Butler
  • Eddie Jones
  • Dwyane Wade
  • Key Reserves
  • Damon Jones
  • Udonis Haslem
  • Michael Doleac
  • Wesley Person
  • Malik Allen
  • Keyon Dooling
  • Dorell Wright
  • Others
  • Jerome Beasley
  • Matt Freije
  • Albert Miralles
  • Wang Zhizhi
  • Local Sports Pages
    Hoop Bloggers (There Ain't A Lot Of Us)
    Key Hoops Websites